- (chess) The most common chess piece, each side having eight. Moves are only forward; attacks are only forward diagonally or en passant.
- (colloquial): Someone who is being manipulated or used to some end, usually not the end that individual would prefer.
- Though a of the gods, her departure is the precipitating cause of the Trojan War.
- A type of shop that allows someone to buy and sell used items.
- An item sold to a pawn shop.
- An instance of selling to a pawn shop.
- to sell something to a pawn shop.
- (context, gaming) to render one's opponent as a mere pawn, especially in a real-time strategy game
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pawn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pawn