- A declaration issued by a government agency declaring someone the inventor of a new invention and having the privelege of stopping others from making, using or selling the claimed invention; a letter patent.
- A specific grant of ownership of a piece of property; a land patent.
- Patent leather: a varnished, high-gloss leather typically used for shoes and accessories.
- To successfully register an invention with a government agency; to secure a letter patent.
- (biology) Open, unobstructed, expanded.
- Explicit and obvious.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for patent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of patent