noun (wikipedia, party, party (gathering))
- A social gathering for entertainment and fun.
verb (parties, partying, partied)
- I'm throwing a huge for my 21st birthday.
- A person participating in a contract or legal action.
- The contract requires that the of the first part pay the fee.
- A legal entity which represents a faction of the people from a country and is united under one specific political platform of issues.
- The green took 12% of the vote.
- (In 18th & 19th century Britain) A parliamentary faction without a corresponding legal entity.
- A group of people travelling or attending an event together, or participating in the same activity.
- We're expecting a large from the London office.
- (intransitive) To celebrate at a party, to have fun, to enjoy oneself.
Etymology: From partie.
- We partied until the early hours.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for party for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of party