verb (par, ing)
- (transitive) To remove the outer covering or skin of something with a knife.
Etymology: parer "arrange, prepare, trim," from parare "make ready," from Proto-Indo-European base
- She pared the paired pears.
- (transitive) To reduce or trim something as if by cutting off.
- Albrecht sought to his options down by disregarding anything beyond his meager budget.
- per- "to bring forward, bring forth".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pare for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pare