- A sheet material used for write, writing on or printing on (or as a non-waterproof container), usually made by draining cellulose fibres from a suspension in water.
- A newspaper or anything used as such (such as a newsletter or listing magazine).
- (uncountable) Wallpaper.
- (uncountable) Wrapping paper.
- A written document, generally shorter than a book (white paper, term paper), in particular one written for the Government.
- A written document that reports scientific or academic research and is usually subjected to peer review before publication in a scientific journal or in the proceedings of a scientific or academic meeting (such as a conference, a workshop or a symposium).
- To wallpaper.
- to paper over the cracks
- Made of paper.
Etymology: From Anglo-Norman paper, from papier, from papyrus, from (papiros).
- paper bag
- paper plane
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for paper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of paper