verb (pants, panting, panted)
- A quick breathe, breathing; a catching of the breath; a gasp.
- A violent palpitation of the heart.
- (intransitive) To breathe quickly or in a labored manner, as after exertion or from eagerness or excitement; to respire with heaving of the breast; to gasp.
- (transitive) To long for (something); to be eager for (something).
- (intransitive) To long eagerly; to desire earnestly.
- (intransitive) Of the heart, to beat with unnatural violence or rapidity; to palpitate.
- (intransitive) To sigh; to flutter; to languish.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pant