- To look down upon from a place that is over or above; to look over or view from a higher position; to rise above, so as to command a view of; as, to overlook a valley from a hill.
- Hence: To supervise; to watch over; sometimes, to observe secretly; as, to overlook a gang of laborers; to overlook one who is writing a letter.
- To inspect; to examine; to look over carefully or repeatedly.
- To look upon with an evil eye; to bewitch by looking upon; to fascinate.
- To look over and beyond (anything) without seeing it; to miss or omit in looking; hence, to refrain from bestowing notice or attention upon; to neglect; to pass over without censure or punishment; to excuse.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for overlook for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of overlook