- (cricket) A set of 6 balls bowled
- finished; ended or concluded
- The show is .
- Through with; emotionally detatched.
- He is finally his ex-girlfriend.
- (as a prefix): to excess.
- He is over-zealous...
- The latest policy was over-conservative...
- again, Again; another time; once more
Etymology: ofer; akin to Dutch over, German íber, OHG ubir, ubar, Danish over, Swedish íver, Icelandic yfir, Gothic (ufar), Latin super, Greek (íper), Sanskrit àààà (upari).
- I lost my paper and I had to do the entire assignment .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for over for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of over