- A means of exit, escape, reprieve, etc.
- They wrote the law to give those organizations an .
- (baseball) A state in which a member of the batting team is removed from play because the defending team threw the baseball past the batter three times in the strike zone, fielded a ball hit in the air, or fielded a ball hit to the ground and moved the ball to a defender blocking the runner's ability to move from base to base.
- (poker) A card which can make a hand a winner.
- (transitive) To declare a person to be a homosexual, especially one who is reluctant for this information to be made public.
- (transitive) To declare a personal secret belonging to another person.
- Not at home.
- Leave a message for me if I'm when you call.
- (context, cricket, baseball) Of a player, disqualified from playing further by some action of a member of the opposing team (such as being stump, stumped in cricket).
- Openly acknowledging one's homosexuality.
- away, Away from home, not indoors.
Etymology: ut, Åt
- Let's eat tonight
- Away from; at a distance.
- Keep !
- Away from the inside or the centre.
- The magician pulled the rabbit of the hat.
- Into a state of non-operation; into non-existence.
- Switch the lights .
- Put the fire .
- Used to intensify or emphasize.
- The place was all decked for the holidays.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for out for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of out