- A hole; a gap; a crevice.
- The first few moves in a game of chess.
- An unoccupied employment position.
- The first performance of a show or play by a particular troupe.
- The initial period an art gallery or museum is first opened.
- The first few measures of a musical composition.
- (cricket) describing the first period of play, usually up to the fall of the first wicket; describing a batsman who opens the innings or a bowler who open the attack, opens the attack
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for opening for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of opening