adjective (no (compar) or (superl); used only before a noun)
- (obsolete) A vehicle set up to carry many people (now usually called a bus).
- A book containing multiple individual works.
- A television programme/program consisting of all of the episodes of a soap opera that have been shown in the previous week.
- Containing multiple items.
Etymology: From omnibusLatin, omnibus
- The legislature enacted an appropriations bill.
- An edition of a radio programme consisting of all of the episodes of a soap opera that have been broadcast in the previous week.
- The edition of "The Archers" is broadcast every Sunday morning at 11.00
- (philately) a stamp issue, usually commemorative, that appears simultaneously in several countries.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for omnibus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of omnibus