noun See odds
- (defn, English)
- strange, unusual.
- (arithmetic) (no comparative or superlative) Not divisible by two.
- (rare) But for the odd exception.
- left over, remaining when the rest have been grouped
Etymology: Old Norse oddi (third or additional number), which comes from oddr (point of a weapon) via an intermediate meaning of "triangle". The original meaning is "left over".
- I'm the one out.
- casual, irregular.
- He's only worked jobs.
- (in combination with a number) about, approximately.
- There were thirty- people in the room.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for odd for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of odd