- A falling out, happening, or coming to pass; hence, that which falls out or happens; occurrence; incident.
- A favorable opportunity; a convenient or timely chance; convenience.
- An occurrence or condition of affairs which brings with it some unlooked-for event; that which incidentally brings to pass an event, without being its efficient cause or sufficient reason; accidental or incidental cause.
- need, Need; exigency; requirement; necessity.
- I have no for firearms.
- A reason or excuse; a motive; a persuasion.
Etymology: From French, occasion.
- (transitive) To give occasion to; to cause; to produce; to induce; as, to occasion anxiety.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for occasion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of occasion