verb (obsolet, ing)
- (nonstandard) To perform some action that causes, or attempts to cause, something to become obsolete.
- This software component has been obsoleted.
- We are in the process of obsoleting this product.
- (context, of words, equipment, etc.) no longer in use; gone into disuse; disused or neglected (often by preference for something newer, which replaces the subject).
- (biology) imperfect, Imperfectly developed; not very distinct.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for obsolete for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of obsolete