noun (novelties, -)
- the state of being new or novel; newness
- a new product; an innovation
Etymology: From adjective novel, from Latin adjective novus, new.
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. Â§ 10.
- : reconciling profound enquiry with clearness, and truth with .
- a small mass-produced trinket
- in novelty theory, newness, density of complexification, and dynamic change as opposed to static habituation
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for novelty for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of novelty