- a V-shaped cut
- such a cut, used for keeping a record
- an indentation
- a mountain pass
- (informal) a level or degree
verb (notch, es)
- ''This car is a better than the other.
- (transitive) to cut a notch in something
- (transitive) to record a score etc by making notches on something
- (transitive) to achieve something
- The team notched up many wins.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for notch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of notch