- (given name, male, from Greek, ). A diminutive of Nicholas.
- diminutive form of w:Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Nick for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Nick
- A small cut in a surface
- (slang) A police station or prison
- He was arrested and taken down to Sun Hill to be charged. (police station)
- He's just been released from Shadwell after doing ten years for attempted murder. (prison)
- (cricket) a small deflection of the ball off the edge of the bat, often going to the wicket-keeper for a catch
- a shortened form of "nickname"
- (transitive) To make a nick in, especially unintentionally.
- I nicked myself while I was shaving.
- (transitive, slang) To steal.
- Someone's nicked my bike!
- (transitive, UK, slang) To arrest.
- The police nicked him climbing over the fence of the house he'd broken into.
- (transitive, cricket) to hit the ball with the edge of the bat and produce a fine deflection
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for nick for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of nick