- Things that are new.
adjective (newer, newest)
- Out with the old, in with the .
(Australian English) A kind of light beer.
- recently, Recently made, or created.
- This is a scratch on my car!
- The band just released a album.
- additional, Additional; recently discovered.
- We turned up some evidence from the old files.
- current, Current or later, as opposed to former.
- My car is much better than my previous one, even though it is older.
- We had been in our house for five years by then.
- Used to distinguish something established more recently, named after something or some place previously existing.
- New Bond Street is an extension of Bond Street.
- New York is named after York.
- In original condition; pristine; not previously worn or used.
- Are you going to buy a car or a second-hand one?
- refresh, Refreshed, reinvigorated, reformed.
- That shirt is dirty. Go and put on a one.
- I feel like a person after a good night's sleep.
- After the accident, I saw the world with eyes.
- young, Young.
- My sister has a baby, and our mother is excited to finally have a grandchild.
- Of recent origin; having taken place recently.
- I can't see you for a while; the pain is still too .
- Did you see the King Lear at the theatre?
- strange, Strange, unfamiliar or not previously known.
- The idea was to me.
I need to meet people.''
- Recently arrived or appeared.
- Have you met the guy in town?
- She is the kid at school.
- inexperienced, Inexperienced or unaccustomed at some task.
- Don't worry that you're at this job; you'll get better with time.
- I'm at this business.
Etymology: From the niwe, nÄwe, from the Germanic
- See new-
neuja-, from Proto-Indo-European
newos-. It is cognate with the Dutch nieuw, German neu, Swedish and Norwegian ny, all from the Germanic root; and from Indo-European, it is cognate with the Latin novus, Greek , Russian Ñ, Welsh newydd, Persian (fa-Arab, ÙÙ) (no).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for new for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of new