- A mountain, as in Mount Everest
- A horse used to ride on, unlike a draught horse
- The rider climbed onto his .
- The number of riders in a cavalry unit or division
- The General said he has 2,000 mounts.
- To go up; climb; ascend: to mount stairs.
- Antonym: dismount
- The rider mounted his horse.
- To attach an object to a support, as to mount a mailbox on a post
- Antonym: demount
- (computing) To attach a drive or device to the directory structure in order to make it available to the operating system.
- Antonyms: usually unmount, sometimes dismount, rarely demount
- To get on top of an animal to mate.
- (slang) to have sexual intercourse with someone, something.
- Synonyms - see WikiSaurus:sexual intercourse
- To begin a military assault
- The General gave the order to the attack.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mount for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mount