- (uncountable) A state of progression from one place to another.
- (countable) A change of position with respect to time.
- (physics) A change from one place to another.
- John kept making motions under the table to Elise.
- (countable) A parliamentary action to propose something.
- The motion to amend is now open for discussion.
- To gesture indicating a desired movement.
Etymology: From French, motion.
- He motioned for me to come closer.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for motion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of motion