- Someone who watches over something; a person in charge of something or someone.
- A device similar to a television set used as to give a graphical display of the output from a computer.
- (nautical) A class of warship designed for shore bombardment rather than combat with other ships.
- A monitor lizard.
- (transitive) To watch over, guard.
Etymology: From (term, monitor, , warner), from perfect passive participle (term, monitus, , warning), from verb (term, monere, , warn; threaten)
- He carefully monitored the chemical experiment.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for monitor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of monitor