verb (moderat, ing)
- (context, politics) One who holds an intermediate position between the extremes relevant in the actual political situation.
- (transitive) To reduce the excessiveness of (something)
- (intransitive) To become less excessive
- (intransitive) To act as a moderator; to assist in bringing to compromise
Etymology: From moderat, from moderatus, moderÄtus, past principle of moderari, moderÄrÄ, to moderate
- Not excessive; acting in moderation
- mediocre, Mediocre
- (politics) Having an intermediate position between liberal and conservative.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for moderate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of moderate