- The result of mixing two or more substances; a mixture.
verb (mixes, mixing, mixed or mixt)
- Now add the raisins to the mix.
- The result of combining items normally kept separate.
- My recipe file was now a mix of meat and dairy.
- (music) The result of mixing several tracks.
- The rhythm mix sounds muddy.
- (music) The finished version of a recording.
- I've almost finished the mix for this song.
- To stir two or more substances together.
Etymology: From (term, mixtus, lang=la) < Ancient Greek miktos < (Skr.) miks.
- Mix the eggs and milk with the flour until the consistency is smooth.
- To combine items from two or more sources normally kept separate.
- Don't the meat recipes with the dairy recipes.
- (music) To combine several tracks.
- I'll the rhythm tracks down to a single track.
- (music) To produce a finished version of a recording.
- I'm almost done mixing this song.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mix for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mix