- (uncountable) Water or other liquid finely suspended in air.
verb to mist
- It was difficult to see through the morning mist.
- (countable) A layer of fine droplets or particles.
- There was an oily mist on the lens.
- To form mist.
- It's misting this morning.
- To spray fine droplets on, particularly of water.
- I mist my tropical plants every morning.
- To cover with a mist.
- The lens was misted.
- (context, of the eyes) To be covered by tears.
- My eyes misted when I remembered what had happened.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mist for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mist