noun (memor, ies, -)
- (uncountable) The ability of an organism to record information about things or events with the facility of recalling them later at will.
Etymology: From Anglo-Norman memorie, from memoria.
- Memory is a facility common to all animals.
- A record of a thing or an event stored and available for later use by the organism.
- I have no of that event.
- (computing) The part of a computer that stores variable executable code or data (RAM) or unalterable executable code or default data (ROM).
- This data passes from the CPU to the .
- (context, computing, uncountable) This part of a computer considered as a resource.
- How much does this PC have?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for memory for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of memory