verb (meets, meeting, met)
- A sports competition, especially for athletics or swimming.
- A gathering of riders, their horses and hounds for the purpose of foxhunting.
- (rail transport) A meeting of two trains in opposite directions on a single track, when one is put into a siding to let the other cross. (Antonym: a pass.)
- To come face to face with by accident; to encounter.
- Guess who I met at the supermarket today?
- Fancy meeting you here!
- To come face to face with someone by arrangement.
- Let's at the station at 9 o'clock.
- Shall we at 8 p.m in our favorite chatroom?
- To converge and finally touch or intersect.
- The two streets at a crossroad half a mile away.
- To satisfy; to comply with.
- This proposal meets my requirements.
- suitable; right; proper
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for meet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of meet