initialism (wikipedia, coroner)
- Maine, a state of the United States of America.
- Middle English
- Medical examiner, or coroner.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ME for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ME
pronoun (desc=first person singular pronoun, referring to the speaker)
- As the direct object of a verb.
- Can you hear ?
- (obsolete) As a reflexive direct object of a verb.
- 1819, w:John Keats, John Keats, w:La Belle Dame sans Merci: A Ballad, La Belle Dame sans Merci - And I awoke, and found here.
- As the object of a preposition.
- Come with .
- As the indirect object of a verb.
- He gave this.
- (context, US, colloquial) As a reflexive indirect object of a verb; the ethical dative.
- 1993, Harper"s Magazine, April - When I get to college, I"m gonna get a white Nissan Sentra.
- As the complement of the copula ("be", "is").
- It wasn't .
- (context, Australian, UK, especially, _, Northeastern) Preceding a noun, marking ownership.
- w:Wilfred Owen, Wilfred Owen (1893"1918), The Letter - And give us back ciagarette!
- (context, colloquial) As the subject of a verb, used with and.
- Me and my friends played a game.
- (context, nonstandard) As the subject of a verb, used without and.
- 1844, w:Charles Wilkes, Charles Wilkes, Narrative of the United States Exploring Expedition, Vol. II - One of them, whose sobriquet was Big-headed Blackboy, was stretched out before the fire, and no answer could be obtained from him, but a drawling repetition, in grunts of displeasure, of "Bel (not) want to go."
- 2005, w:The Brothers Chaps, Michael Chapman & Matthew Chapman, Teen Girl Squad Issue 10 (cartoon), part of w:Homestar Runner, Homestar Runner - Strong Bad: Me gotta see that again.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for me for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of me