verb (map, p, ed)
- A visual representation of an area, whether real or imaginary.
- A mathematical name for a function that assigns a value to some other value.
- A diagram of components of an item.
- A city map.
Etymology: Latin mappa "napkin, signal cloth", via Old French mapemonde "map of the world".
- To create a visual representation of a territory, etc. via cartography.
- To inform someone of a particular idea.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for map for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of map