- A collective mass of people.
adjective (comparative=more, superlative=most)
- Democracy must balance the rights of the few against the will of the
- A great do not understand this.
- An indefinite large number of.
- Many people enjoy using dictionaries
- There are different ways to define a word
- An indefinite large number of people or things.
Etymology: (term, manig, maniÄ, lang=ang), (term, monig, moniÄ, lang=ang), from (Ger.) , from monogÊo-. Cognate with West Frisian (term, mannich, lang=fry), Dutch (term, menig, lang=nl), German (term, manch, lang=de); and with Russian (term, , lang=ru), Scottish Gaelic (term, minig, lang=gd).
- Many are called, but few are chosen.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for many for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of many