- The official language of the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China on Taiwan, and one of four official languages in Singapore.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Mandarin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Mandarin
- (historical) A government bureaucrat of the Chinese Empire.
- An important person; especially a secretive or elitist government bureaucrat.
- A mandarin duck.
- Pertaining to mandarins.
- Deliberately superior or complex; esoteric, elaborate.
- 2007: Though alert to riddles' strong roots in vernacular narrative, Cook's tastes are , and she gives a loving account of Wallace Stevens's meditations on the life of poetic images and simile " Marina Warner, "Doubly Damned", London Review of Books 29:3, p. 26
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mandarin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mandarin