proper noun Lure
- Something that tempts or attracts, especially one with a promise of reward or pleasure.
- (context, Fishing) An artificial bait attached to a fishing line to attract fish.
- A bunch of feathers attached to a line, used in falconry to recall the hawk.
verb (lur, ing)
- A commune in the Haute-Saí´ne département, in France.
Etymology: :From Anglo-Norman Anglo-Norman, lure, from loirre (compared with French leurre)
- To attract by temptation etc.; to entice.
- To recall a hawk with a lure.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lure