verb (lung, ing)
- A sudden forward movement, especially with a sword.
- A rope-like piece of tack, more commonly refered to as a lunge line, that is attached to the bridle, lungeing cavesson, or halter of a horse and is used to control the animal while lungeing.
- An exercise performed by stepping forward one leg while kneeling with the other leg, then returning back to a standing position.
- To make a sudden forward movement.
- To work a horse in a circle around a handler.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lunge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lunge