verb (looses, loosing, loosed)
adjective (loos, er)
- (transitive) To let loose, to free from restraints.
- (transitive) To unfasten, to loosen.
- (transitive) To make less tight, to loosen.
- (intransitive) Of a grip or hold, to let go.
- Not fixed in place tightly or firmly
- This wheelbarrow has a wheel
- Not held or packaged together
- You can buy apples in a pack, but they are cheaper
- Not bound or tethered or leashed
- The dog is again
- Not fitting closely
- I wear clothes when it is hot
- Not compact
- It is difficult walking on gravel
- She danced with a flowing movement
- Loose talk costs lives
- (dated) promiscuous
- She is a woman
- (poker) A player who plays many hands
- (poker) A strategy which involves playing many hands
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for loose for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of loose