- The action of looking, an attempt to see.
- Let"s have a under the hood of the car.
- (context, often plural) Physical appearance, visual impression.
- She got her mother"s looks.
- I don"t like the of the new design.
- A facial expression.
- He gave me a dirty .
- If looks could kill...
- (intransitive, often with "at") To try to see, to pay attention to with one"s eyes.
Etymology: (term, locian, lÅcian)
- Look at my new car!
- Don"t in the closet.
- (intransitive) To appear, to seem.
- It looks as it"s going to rain soon.
- That painting looks nice.
- (intransitive, often with "for") To search for, to try to find.
- To face or present a view.
- The hotel looks over the valleys of the HinduKush?.
- To expect or anticipate.
- I to each hour for my lover"s arrival.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for look for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of look