- (uncountable) Thread or cloth made from flax fiber.
- (countable) Domestic textiles made from linen or linen-like fabrics, such as tablecloths, bedding, towels, and the such.
- She placed the freshly washed linens into the linen closet.
- (colour) A light beige colour, like that of linen cloth.
- <table><tr><td>linen colour: </td><td bgcolor="
Etymology: Old English linen, lÄnen, from Germanic
- FAF0E6?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- lÄnÄno-, from
- lÄnom, from or cognate with Latin linum.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for linen for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of linen