adjective (likeli, er, more)
- probable; having a good chance of occuring
Etymology: Middle English likly, from Old English gelclc(from gelc, similar), and from Old Norse lkligr(from lkr, similar); see lk- in Indo-European roots.
- Rain is later this afternoon.
- probable; Possessing or displaying the qualities or characteristics that make something probable
- They are to become angry with him.
- appropriate; believable; having a good potential
- Jones is a candidate for management.
- plausible; Within the realm of credibility
- not a very excuse.
- suitable; Apparently appropriate or suitable
- There were several candidates for the job.
- promising; Apt to achieve success or yield a desired outcome
- a topic for investigation.
- Attractive; pleasant
- found a spot under a shady tree for the picnic.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for likely for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of likely