verb (leg, g, ing)
- (anatomy) The limb of a human or animal that extends from the groin to the ankle.
- A part of garment, such as a pair of trousers/pants, that covers a leg.
- A stage of a journey.
- (context, nautical) A distance that a sailing vessel does without changing the sails from one side to the other.
- (nautical) One side of a multiple-sided (often a triangle) course in a sailing race.
- A single game or match played in a tournament or other sporting contest.
- one of the two sides of a right triangle that is not the hypotenuse
Etymology: From leggr (Swedish lígg, Icelandic leggur).
- To put a series of three or more options strikes into the stock market.
- To remove the legs from an animal carcass.
- To build legs onto a platform or stage for support.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for leg for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of leg