noun (wikipedia, leak)
- A crack, crevice, fissure, or hole which admits water or other fluid, or lets it escape.
- a leak in a roof
- a leak in a boat
- a leak in a gas pipe
- The entrance or escape of a fluid through a crack, fissure, or other aperture.
- The gained on the ship's pumps.
- The person through whom information, especially secret information, escapes.
- The press must have learned about the plan through a .
- To allow fluid to escape or enter something that should be sealed.
- The faucet has been leaking since last month.
- To reveal secret information.
- ''Someone must have leaked it to our competitors that the new product will be out soon.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for leak for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of leak