- (comparative of, late) More late.
- Jim was than John.
- Coming afterward in time (used with than when comparing with another time).
- The Victorian era is a period of English history than the Elizabethan era.
- At some time in the future.
- The meeting was adjourned to a date.
- The (compar) of the adverb late; more late.
Etymology: late + -er
- You came in late yesterday and today you came in even .
- Afterward in time (used with than when comparing with another time).
- My roommate arrived first. I arrived .
- I arrived than my roommate.
- At some unspecified time in the future.
- I wanted to do it now, but I'll have to do it .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for later for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of later