- (obsolete) fat from a pig; bacon, pork
- fat from the abdomen of a pig, especially as prepared for use in cooking or pharmacy
Etymology: From Old (and modern) lardFrench, lard "bacon", from Latin lardum, laridum, bacon fat.
- (context, cookery) to stuff (meat) with bacon or pork before cooking
- to smear with fat or lard
- to garnish or strew, especially with reference to words or phrases in speech and writing
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lard for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lard