noun (plural: lamps)
verb to lamp
- A device that generates heat, light or other radiation
- A device containing oil, burnt through a wick for illumination
- A piece of furniture holding one or more electric light sockets.
Etymology: (webster)From (term, lampe), from (term, lampas).
- (slang) to hit, clout, belt, wallop
- to hunt at night using a lamp; see lamping
- (slang) to hang out or chill; to do nothing in particular
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lamp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lamp