- Large, landlocked, naturally occurring stretch of water.
- In dyeing and painting, an often fugitive crimson or vermillion pigment derived from an organic colorant (cochineal or madder, for example) and an inorganic, generally metallic mordant.
- (In the plural) an area characterised by its many lakes; e.g., the English Lake District is often shortened to The Lakes.
- a, A large amount of liquid: a wine lake.
- to present an offering (obsolete)
- to leap, jump, exert oneself, play (mainly dialectal)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lake for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lake