verb (labels, 2=labelling i, UK) or labeling (i, US), 3=labelled (i, UK) or labeled (i, US)
- A small ticket or sign giving information about something to which it is attached or intended to be attached.
- A name given to something or someone to categorise them as part of a particular social group.
- A company that sells records.
Etymology: From (term, label, lang=fro) and (term, lambel, lang=fro) (Modern French: (term, lambeau, lang=fr)).
- (transitive) To put a label (a ticket or sign) on (something).
- (transitive) To give a label to (someone or something) in order to categorise that person or thing.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for label for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of label