verb (kit, ing)
- A bird of prey with long wings and weak legs that mostly feeds on carrion and spends long periods soaring.
- A heavier than air object which fly, flies in the air by obtaining lift from wind, and is tethered by a line or a string.
- (context, geometry) A quadrilateral having two pairs of edges of equal length, the edges of each pair being consecutive.
- (context, slang) An aircraft, or aeroplane.
- rare: To fly a kite (usually used with go.)
- I'm going kiting this weekend
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for kite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of kite