- An object designed to open and close a lock.
- An object designed to fit between two other objects (such as a shaft and a wheel) in a mechanism and maintain the orientation between them.
- A crucial step or requirement.
- the to solving this problem...
- the to winning this game
- A guide explaining the symbols or terminology of a map or chart.
- The says that A stands for the accounting department.
- One of several small, usually square buttons on a typewriter or computer keyboard, most of which generally correspond to a particular character.
- Press the Escape .
- One of a number of rectangular moving parts on a piano or musical keyboard, each causing a particular sound or note to be produced.
- One of various levers on a musical instrument used to select notes, such as a lever opening a hole on a woodwind.
- (music) A hierarchical scale of musical notes on which a composition is based
- the of B-flat major
- A device used to transmit Morse code.
- (cryptography) A piece of information (e.g. a passphrase) used to encode or decode a message or messages.
- (computing): In a database, a field of a relation constrained to be unique.
- (computing): In a database, a field in a record that is used as a search argument (but is not necessarily unique).
- (computing): A value that uniquely identifies an entry in an associative array.
- (basketball): The free-throw lane together with the circle surrounding the freethrow line, the freethrow lane having formerly been narrower, giving the area the shape of a skeleton key hole.
- He shoots from the top of the .
- (slang): kilogram
- To fit (a lock) with a key.
- To fit (pieces of a mechanical assembly) with a key to maintain the orientation between them.
- (telegraphy and radio telegraphy) To depress (a telegraph key).
- (radio) To operate (the transmitter switch of a two-way radio).
- (computing): (more usually to key in) To enter (information) by typing on a keyboard or keypad.
- Our instructor told us to in our user IDs.
- (colloquial) To use a key as a tool of convenience.
- He keyed the car that had taken his parking spot.
- He is the player for his soccer team.
- He is the witness.
- Important, salient.
- She makes several points
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for key for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of key