- A person who keeps something.
Etymology: (-er, keep)
- Finders keepers; losers weepers.
- (slang) Something worth keeping.
- You can throw out all the blurry photos, but the one with her and her daughter is certainly a .
- A person charged with guarding or caring for, storing, or maintaining something; a custodian, a guard.
- (sports) The player charged with guarding a goal or wicket. Short form of goalkeeper, wicketkeeper.
- A part of a mechanism that catches or retains another part, for example the part of a door lock that fits in the frame and receives the bolt.
- (American football) An offensive play in which the quarterback runs toward the goal with the ball after it is snapped.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for keeper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of keeper