- (given name, female).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Joy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Joy
- (uncountable) The feeling of happiness, extreme cheerfulness.
- They will be a source of strength and joy in your life.
- (countable) An activity etc which causes this feeling.
- The joys and demands of new parents.
- (intransitive) To feel joy, to rejoice.
Etymology: Via and , from gaudium.
- 1885: I swore readily enough to this and he joyed with exceeding joy and embraced me round the neck while love for him possessed my whole heart. " Sir Richard Burton, The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night, Night 18
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for joy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of joy