verb (jet, t, ing)
- A stream, spout, spurt or flow of liquid or gas from a pressurized container, an engine, etc.
- A class of airplane whose engines use turbines rather than propellors.
- An engine that propels a vehicle using a stream of fluid as propulsion.
- A part of a carburetor that controls the amount of fuel mixed with the air.
- (intransitive) To spray out of a container.
- (intransitive) To travel on a jet plane.
- Propelled by turbine engines.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of jet