noun (ivor, ies, -)
- (uncountable) The hard white form of dentine which forms the tusks of elephants, walruses and other animals.
- (colour) A creamy white color, colour, the colour of ivory.
- <table><tr><td>ivory colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- FFFFF0" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Something made from or resembling ivory.
- (collective singular or in plural) The teeth.
- (collective singular or in plural) The keys of a piano.
Etymology: From Old French yvoire (modern ivoire), from Latin ebur "ivory", related to Egyptian Abw, Coptic ebou "elephant".
- Made of ivory.
- Resembling or having the colour of ivory.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ivory for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ivory