- A very close friend.
- Only a couple of intimates had ever read his writing.
- (in plural intimates) Women's underwear, sleepwear, or lingerie, especially offered for sale in a store.
- You'll find bras and panties in the women's intimates section upstairs.
- Closely acquainted; familiar.
Etymology: intimare, to impress, to make familiar
- ''He and his sister deeply valued their relationship as they didn't have much else to live for.
- Of or involved in a sexual relationship.
- She enjoyed some time alone with her husband.
- Personal, private.
- an friend
- an setting
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for intimate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of intimate